Thursday, March 5, 2009

One Year Left to Live (Thirtysomething)

Forgive me this self-indulgent entry (even though it is my blog) and note that tomorrow (March 6th) is my 39th birthday, which means I have exactly one year left to live as a thirtysomething. Soon I will on a ship sailing west to the Blessed Realm of the Elves (forgive me again for watching the LOTR movies over the rainy weekend)...

I remember turning 29 exactly 10 years ago and having an incredibly bad year. The thought of turning 30 was too much to bear. Taking stock of what has and has not been done in life became an unpleasant hobby for me. I am trying not to let those Thought Orcs creep into my head again for the coming 12 months, but we shall see.

It's a bit humbling to think that you have a vivid remembrance of your parents being your age and that the gray hairs on your head and chin seemingly lie about the youthful spirit hiding beneath them.

Isn't 40 the new 30? Please?!?

3 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday!
    ...the blog's looking fantastic. Wish I could have such a free-form forum; as you know, I'm confined by cheese.

    -Bryce

    ReplyDelete
  2. 40's the new 25. Didn't you get the memo?

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete